Fr. Sebastien Vazhakala M.C. observed that Mother Teresa was like a Grandmother to her MC’s:
Now let us hold on to the lessons the grandmother taught over the years:
- The family that prays together stays together.
- It is not how much you do that is important but how much love you put into the doing.
- Therefore do ordinary things with extraordinary love, simple things with great love.
- When you see that someone is in need, do not ask what others are doing or not doing, but ask yourself: what can I do?, and then do it.
- What you can do now and today do not postpone to tomorrow.
- We are not social workers, even though we do social work. Whatever we do, we do it to Jesus: “You did it to me“. All I do is for Jesus. It is Jesus I serve in the poor. It is Jesus I serve twenty-four hours a day.
- Let your family be another Nazareth. I am praying for you that you make your home another Nazareth where prayer and work, love and sacrifice fill your days.
- Abortion is the greatest destroyer of peace. If a mother can kill her own child, what is there left in the world?
- On the other hand, works of love are works of peace and joy. We fight abortion with adoption.
- MCs and LMCs complement each other. It is so beautiful that we MCs and you LMCs complete each other. What we are doing in the slums, maybe you cannot do. What you are doing in your family life – in your home – we cannot do. But you and we are together doing something beautiful for God.
- The humbler you are the easier it will be for you to forgive and to forget. Humility and Charity are the means to resemble God.
- It is easier to understand the greatness of God, but it is harder to grasp the humility of God, especially the whole mystery of the Incarnation.
- It is not success that matters but faithfulness. Many times our efforts can fail vary badly but we should not judge according to this. It is very important to remain faithful.
- Be one heart full of love in the heart of Jesus and Mary.
- Be humble like Mary, holy like Jesus, and be ‘only all’ for Jesus through Mary.
- Keep the joy of loving Jesus always in your heart and share that joy with all you meet.
- Continue to pray that we may not spoil God’s work.
- Fidelity to small things will lead you to Jesus.
- In the silence of the heart God speaks. Like our Lady let us treasure the Word of God in our hearts and ponder over it in the silence of faith.
- Accept whatever He gives and giving whatever he takes with a big smile. For God loves a joyful giver. And joy is the infallible sign of the presence of God.
- Trials and temptations are but the kiss of Jesus – a sign that you have come so close to Him, that He can kiss you.